Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sometimes I am not very smart

Sometimes. First of all, a co-worker introduced me to those delightful things to the left. They are lovely tart little bits. She had been sharing with me here and there. Then, I made the mistake of buying my own pack yesterday. I can be incredibly driven when it comes to some things, but when it comes to irresistible things like Cheetos and Icebreakers Sours, I have no self control. I ate all of them, and now my mouth, teeth, and belly hurt. T just does not understand. It is like I have no control of my hand. It keeps reaching down into my work bag drawing out the little, yellow disk full of sour sweetness.

Also, what do you do when your baby is rolling and nearly mobile when you are in the shower? I can leave him to his own devices when I am folding laundry or putting on makeup or that sort of thing, because it is easy to quickly rescue him. When I am in the shower, however, I worry that I won't hear him get into trouble. Today he rolled/army crawled all the way into the bathroom, jammed the door against the shower, so I could barely get out, and then dumped the trash. Sometimes I think he is plotting against me. He also got his hand stuck in a cat toy, twice. Any advice?

--MM

3 comments:

  1. crate training of Q?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pack-n-play (or whatever they're called)! That's the only way I can find time to get ready in the morning. Polly sits in there and watches Curious George while I do my makeup and hair. I limit TV the rest of the day because of the half-hour she gets every morning. But it's a lifesaver for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had one of those activity centers for David (the ones the stand/sit in) and I would wheel it and him into the bathroom, shut the door and put the trashcan outside of the door. He was in that thing every showertime until he couldn't fit in it anymore. lol.

    Always worked for me!

    ReplyDelete