Thursday, June 14, 2007

Oops!

I had five hours of television waiting for me last night on Tivo. I didn't even make a dent. Why are shows all super long in the summer? I had two hours of "So You Think You Can Dance?," two hours of "Last Comic Standing," and 75 minutes of "Top Chef." That is a lot of reality television to squeeze in!

I only made it through "So You Think You Can Dance?" and a bit of "Top Chef," when I fell asleep on the couch. I had an odd dream involving myself naked and a thigh exercise machine (it was being advertised on the blaring TV as I snoozed on the couch). T was quite curious about this dream when I told him about it later. Anyway, I awoke with a start at 7:41 a.m. I quickly rushed upstairs, changed, and brushed my teeth so I could get out the door by 7:50 for an 8:00 a.m. nail appointment. Only then did I realize it was actually tomorrow. Oops! It was a nice feeling going back to bed, though I wish I hadn't even gotten up.

I gave Q a bath this morning. He loves kicking his little frog legs in the water and making a huge splash. I only managed to squeeze in a 15 minute run on the treadmill, but I figure that's better than nothing.

We have a housekeeper coming to give us an estimate tomorrow. Merry Maids was very expensive, but if this private company is cheaper, we might start doing that twice a month. Since we both work full time, and I also work a few extra part-time hours teaching yoga and aerobics, cleaning is so painful on the weekends. It would be nice to spend more time together, but I still love a clean house. We'll see. She called me "Yennifer" on the phone. That made me smile.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm not sophisticated enough for Tivo, but I do have the tape of last comic standing to watch this weekend. la buena suerte en su búsqueda para una criada.

    ReplyDelete