Thursday, June 28, 2007

Nightmare trip

Poor T is experiencing a nightmare getting Q to Boston. I feel so bad for them.

To backtrack a little, I felt more dread than I expected in seeing them off. I was just so sad for some reason, even though it is just for a few days. I can not fathom the parents who go off to war for a year or more. I just can not wrap my mind around it.

I took T and Q to the airport last night before 7:00 His first flight was delayed more than three hours. So, we came back to work, and T returned several hours later. That was just the beginning of 23 hours of travelling. He had to stand in line for hours with a squirmy Q and ask flight attendants to hold him. He had to change airlines as well and fly into Providence instead. To top it off, his luggage is still on Delta somewhere between Vegas and Boston. A nightmare!

I just heard from him that he is on the East Coast. His mom was going to buy some diapers and outfits to tide them over, and I am guessing both will be in for long naps.

Our house feels awfully empty with just me and the cats. I am glad I have them at least. Since I am lacking my living alarm clock, I woke up at 8:12 a.m. for my 8:00 a.m. nail appointment. Oops! I made it there in an impressive 14 minutes, full of apologies. To add to my embarrassment, I forgot my wallet! My wonderful nail technician (whom I have been going to for years), refused to let me go home and get my checkbook and actually gave me cash to get a coffee. I don't think that is exactly how the transaction is supposed to go, but I like it! She is so wonderful.

On a very depressing note, a 13-month-old drowned in a pool yesterday in our area. A two-year-old drowned last week. It makes me physically ill. I hate pools in backyards. I will never have one.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. Poor T and Q. I had a hard enough time alone on my last trip. I can't imagine traveling with a baby. Try to enjoy your time alone... it probably doesn't happen too often!

    Those drownings are horrible. Just horrible. I can't even imagine what the families are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your trip is a little less stressful! On deployments...you just disassociate.

    ReplyDelete