Thursday, June 21, 2007

Gray hairs and cat food

I got my hair done today for the first time in awhile. I have been trying to grow it out a bit, so I have been waiting. I think collarbone-length would be nice. I love the feeling of getting a hair cut and color. My highlights had grown out an inch or two. They are not very dramatic, so it is not a horrible striped effect. I do have lots of gray hairs growing in though. I got my first one in high school, so it is old news, but they are definitely getting more numerous. Considering I had an ulcer in third grade, I suppose it is not surprising gray hairs weren't far behind. They don't bother me much. I plan to dye my hair for a long, long time. I figure you can't dye bald, so I should consider myself lucky.

In other news, Q seems to like cat food. T says Q rolled his way over to the cat bowl this morning and immediately stuck some of the bits in his mouth! T scraped them out quickly. Later in the day, I also witnessed Q painstakinly scoot his way over to the cat bowl to grab pellets. I think if we just litterbox train him, this could be a good thing!

The left side of my throat has been hurting terribly, and my gland is a bit swollen. After a bit of examination in the mirror, I see that my left tonsil is white. I have a habit of diagnosing myself on the Internet and now believe I have a tonsil stone. It sounds pretty gross, but is apparently harmless. I guess I will seek the opinion of an actual doctor if it keeps hurting.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. my primary HC provider is webmd, so I know the deal. It's either a tonsil stone, some exotic disease found only in Africa, or cancer. I always go with the African disease diagnosis. I was brushing my hair this a.m. and realized a touch-up is in order. Now, it's pretty much all gray, instead of "some greys." Just gives me an excuse to change my hair color every couple of years.

    ReplyDelete