Monday, June 11, 2007

Cat house

He is often mistaken for a girl, so I got him this to make it clear. I think he looks more boy-like as he gets older, but without fail, even if he is dressed in head-to-toe blue, someone asks about our little girl. We'll see if this results in gender issues later on.

We have FOUR cats in our house right now. FOUR! We are taking care of two cats for a co-worker till tomorrow afternoon, because he is not allowed to have them, and his landlords are inspecting Monday. One of our cats has a history of freaking out and attacking T, so we were a little nervous that feline impostors would provoke her, but so far things are going well. We kept them captive in the spare room for a day, but now the door is open and cats are intermingling. Besides a few hisses, the cat house is calm.

I lost my cell phone about a week ago. I think I left it at the gym. No one has called T on it trying to return it, so I think I can safely assume it has been stolen. We don't have a home phone, so it has been a little unnerving. It is actually pretty dangerous, because if I had an emergency with Q, I'd have to run to the neighbor's house to call 911. Not the best idea. So, we went to get a new phone this weekend. I now have a shiny, brand new red Blackberry. It is excellent.

T showed me a meet up group for young moms in our area. I signed up but am nervous to go. It seems like Internet dating for friends. It's actually really a great idea, but I am nervous still. Those sorts of things bring out the shyness in me.

I am about halfway through the first season of "Lost" on DVD. Now I understand what everyone has been buzzing about! It's creepy though. But good creepy.

I just got back from a run at 10:45 p.m. In my true weekend fashion, I put things off and then am trying to squeeze them in at the last moment. I saw many cats out prowling, and it was nice and cool and refreshing. Procrastinating isn't always the worst thing.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. Q is so cute! He has beautiful eyes. I love the shirt. People used to call my girl a boy even when she was wearing a pink dress. I think they are just not very smart sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are funny aren't they? And the goofiest ones are always the ones who really want to talk to you.
    --MM

    ReplyDelete