Monday, June 4, 2007

It's not easy to drug yourself

But I managed to this weekend. For some reason, I have been having horrific allergies this year. I didn't ever even think I had allergies, until I moved to a valley, and now they are horrid. I have been taking generic Claritin and that seems to do the trick for the most part. My parents were in town this weekend, and we spent a lot of time outdoors. By the end of Saturday evening, I was on the verge of scratching my eyes out just to stop the incessant itching and stinging. So, we stopped at a store, and I got a contact case, eye drops, and a different kind of allergy medicine. I took it with no problems that night, but when I took two pills the next morning, I drugged myself. I could barely keep my eyes open. We went to brunch, and I just sat there in a catatonic state. I had to go home and sleep for a few hours while T and my parents went to a cheese factory. Only then did I check the box to discover it would cause "marked drowsiness." Oops. I am back on my non-drowsy generic Claritin, and am bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this morning.

It's always a fun time when my parents come in. They don't do anything halfway, so we order two bottles of wine, a few appetizers, big meals, and dessert. I had to take an extra long run last night, so I wouldn't feel disgusting after a weekend of indulgence.

We went to a winery on Sunday, and of course got the big tasting and a wine and cheese plate. T and I also signed up for this farm share program. Every week for 18 weeks, you get fresh, local produce, plus chocolate, bread and wine. It wasn't cheap, but I think it will be worth it.

My mom has paint samples posted up all over the house. She is an interior designer and is helping us paint. I am eyeing a bright lime-greenish-yellow for the living room. She and T are not sold. I just hate the dull beige-type colors. I like a bright, fun room.

Q is spending the day with his grandma today instead of at daycare. She delights him by setting up blocks and letting him knock them down. It's the little things.

--MM

3 comments:

  1. That farm share sounds great. I have a friend in Eugene who does that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear by Claritin D - expensive and they treat you like a meth freak when you buy it, but it works. A doc told me "you develop some allergies as you get older." Older?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, luckily you are staying 25, so you don't have that problem! Oregon cracks down on Claritin, so we can't get the meth freak variety, unless we get a prescription. So, I must make do with the less effective stuff.
    --MM

    ReplyDelete