Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Separate vacations

T and I are preparing for separate vacations this week. I have missed many of my friends' weddings recently. I had one approaching and assumed I would have to miss it too because of the time and expense of travelling across the country. When T announced he was in friend's wedding the same weekend and was taking Q, I changed my plans. So, now we are travelling separately. T and Q leave tomorrow night on a red-eye for Boston. Sounds like it will be an adventure. I leave Friday morning for a wedding in Florida.

I am so excited to see my college friends and watch one of them get married, indulge in drinks with little umbrellas, and bask in the Florida sun. But, I am so sad to leave the tiny man. This will be the first time we will be apart for any length of time. I am not used to going more than five hours without seeing him. It kind of tugs at me a little to think about it. Thankfully, we will have cell phone contact for a few babbling conversations and maybe a few emailed pictures of toothless grins. I will miss him though.

I do think T is more worried about me being free and unattached at a beach resort. That will be quite lovely, won't it?

--MM

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time with your girls in Florida...I can't wait to see Q, we'll take good care of him :)

    ReplyDelete