Monday, June 25, 2007

Meetin' moms

That crazy tongue. I tell you. It is always hanging out.

So, my throat is feeling pretty decent today. I am cutting back on the ibuprofen, because it was starting to hurt my belly. It's a catch-22. My tonsils are looking a little less gross, so hopefully I am almost over this ickiness.

I went to my first Meetup today. It is for moms in the area. Most seems to be stay-at-home or work-at-home, but since I work later in the day, I can make a lot of the events.

About ten moms and their kids met at a park that has a little spray area and an arts and crafts event. I had to hurry after yoga to get both of us ready and pack lunches. I can be an outgoing person at times, but generally I am pretty shy at things like this. I tend to just sit by myself and hope people come over to me. But, I worked hard at going up to other people, and I was glad I did. Q was scared of the spray park at first, but then got his little feet wet. He enjoyed swinging and ate a bit of his lunch before crawling over to another kid's snack and polishing it off. That was a little embarrassing, but the mom didn't seem to mind.

The gathering made a little twinge in me wish I didn't have to pack Q up and take him to daycare and then head to work for a nine-hour day. But, I try not to pay attention to that twinge.

I was glad I went out of my comfort zone and met some fun moms. The first time is the hardest, and we have a lot of fun events on the calendar.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. I'm telling you - tongue hanging out=part puppy

    ReplyDelete