Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My baby daddy

That just sounds so natural when I say it. We had a lovely Father's Day, in my opinion. I made T an omelet with spinach, sun-dried tomato, pesto, and goat cheese. Mine turned out a bit better than his actually, because I made it second. He also enjoyed a mimosa, coffee, and toast.

I spread out his presents. First, he got a coupon book from Q and the cats offering prizes like " a snaggle-toothed smile" and "a Sunday to sleep in." Then from his beautiful wife, he got two bags of coffee (we are connoisseurs) and a bag of biscotti.

We laid on the couch for awhile and rested, and then I gave him a card announcing he had an appointment for a massage in half an hour. I can be a pretty good wife when I want to be! It was a 90-minute massage no less! I forced him to give me a foot rub that night to repay my kindness.

On Saturday, after my aerobics and yoga classes, we went to a winery with a friend from work and her husband. It was so lovely. After tasting, we bought a bottle and sat out in the sun. It was just blissful. I couldn't be happier than when I am sipping wine and catching some rays. Q rolled around in the grass and met the winery's resident dog.

It was a nice weekend.

Tomorrow our cleaning woman comes for the first time. I will be gone when she gets there, but will arrive when she is about half-way finished. That could be awkward.

On a side note, that picture at the top is of T and Q at another winery. Somehow I had the wrong focus setting on, but it created a cool effect. Do you think we go to too many wineries? Nah. Impossible.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment