Saturday, June 16, 2007

Cleaning House

We hired a housekeeper today. I am very excited about it. She and her crew will start with a very deep clean next Wednesday and then will come every other Wednesday. This doesn't mean we will throw out our vacuum (though I'd love to), but it will certainly save us some time. I am so happy about it.

I had a bit of a busy morning. I had a manicure/pedicure at 8 a.m. ( I know....poor busy me), then a meeting at noon, I ran around doing some errands with a drowsy Q, and then into work at 2:30.

It was our boss's last day today. It was pretty strange. He is the one who hired and promoted me, so it is strange to see him go. We shared an awkward handshake. He is not exactly the hugging type. It remains to be seen who will take his place. It makes me uneasy. Change is an unsettling thing.

I joined a mom's meetup group for my area. I haven't been able to attend anything yet, because I think most of the moms are stay-at-home and have different schedules than me. I might teach them all a yoga class though some time. That would be fun.

We have some good stuff planned for this weekend. I won't divulge all of it since prying father's eyes could be reading this, but it should be enjoyable.

Q was a grump tonight, because he didn't get his requisite naps this morning. He was sleeping in the car, and I had to quickly run into one store. I wished I could just leave him in there! 20 years ago that would not have been unheard of. I could see him from the cash register! But, no the law and society require me to lift his tired, little body out and haul him in with me. Poor thing. He fell asleep on me briefly tonight at work in this tired, warm, sweaty little heap. It was delightful.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. yeah, I remember Mom saying "don't touch anything" and running into the store! Hope father's day was grand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah. Mom left my brother and I in the car all the time, too... "Just keep the doors locked!"

    Didn't help that she also let us watch the Afterschool Specials about kidnappers in dark vans.

    ReplyDelete