Saturday, March 8, 2008

Waiting game

Last night I was having tons of contractions and was convinced that baby was coming out, especially after learning earlier in the day I was already dilating. Some were painful, and they were close together. T and I timed them but as I relaxed on the couch, they eased up and were few and far between by the morning.

Today again has been another busy one, and I worked right through my dinner break trying to get projects finished early. Tonight again my belly is cramping and contracting. It is so awkward when it does that, because my entire abdomen just becomes as hard as a rock, and I can't bend or reach for anything. Picture trying to reach around a giant watermelon. It's not fun.

I caught a glimpse of myself in the reflection of a window tonight and had to laugh. Pregnant women look a bit ridiculous toward the end, don't they? It is an amazing feat that we don't tip right over. It's just odd to see myself with this giant protrusion off the front of me. I never get used to it.

I am so happy to not be teaching aerobics or yoga in the morning. I intend to take many naps this weekend and ease away those pesky contractions.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. I hope some weekend relaxation has relieved the peskiness. :)

    And, yes. We do look a bit ridiculous toward the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...radiant is the word I was looking for. How did you know!?

    ReplyDelete