Monday, March 10, 2008

March showers

As I write this I can smell a dachshund poop. They are small but quite stinky. The dog is about 5% potty-trained. A long way to go.

I had my baby shower today. Q's was actually three weeks after his birth, but I did make this one. Showers always make me a little nervous. All those people watching you open presents. It is just nerve-wracking for some reason, especially without T there to deflect some attention. I felt silly having one really, since we are having another boy, and we have all we need, but a couple friends offered, and I thought it was very nice of them.

It was a sort of tea party with neat little sandwiches and tea, scones and coffee cake. They really did a wonderful job, and it was very touching.

The new baby got some neat things, and now I am washing all his new stuff and Q's old stuff to get ready. T and I also went to Target to get the last few items we absolutely needed. Tonight, I also wrote out my birth plan spelling out my requests for that day. I feel a lot more knowledgeable and informed than I did the last time around. I feel like we are ready! Now, we just wait and see if it is tomorrow or next month. You try to have so much control but really you have so little in a lot of ways.

Off to clean up dachshund poop.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment