Thursday, March 6, 2008

Early appearance?

I had a doctor's appointment today, and it looks like I have might another anxious baby. I am two centimeters dilated and 70% effaced. That doesn't mean labor is imminent by any means. I could even make it another month or so, or it could mean labor is just days away. It's hard to know, but my doctor assumes I will go early. I am hoping to make it another two weeks to get to 37 weeks or the beginning of what is considered full-term.

In the ultrasound today, the tech measured the little guy and estimated him to be already over six pounds. The tech told me those things tend to over-estimate, but that still sounds a like a decent size. Q was less than five pounds at birth. In the pictures, the new baby also looked like he had a little chub to him already.

On hearing the news, I wasn't nervous surprisingly. I feel confident knowing Q was born a week before this and turned out well. I would like to not have to go to the NICU at all again, but every day that passes means a better outcome. I guess we'll see what the little man has planned.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'd like April fools nephew. That's my vote.

    ReplyDelete