Monday, March 3, 2008

Looooooong weekend

The weekend is wrapping it up, but it was far from relaxing. I taught my final yoga class Saturday. I could probably keep going for awhile, but I figured this was a good time to call it quits.

T has his classes for his MBA all day Saturday. We had a gathering to go to Saturday night, but T's classes went all the way till 7:00. I was chasing a baby around the back of a restaurant for more than an hour before he got there for the hand-off. A co-worker told me I made it look easy. That almost made me laugh. I'm glad it at least looks that way, because it sure doesn't feel it!

On Sunday, T had another meeting for a class project. He expected it to last three or four hours, but it stretched out to seven and a half. I feel sorry for him having to work so hard, and I know this will be worth it for our family in the long run, but man is it exhausting for me right now.

We were trying to get the nursery finished this weekend, so I pretty much did it myself. I cleaned out closets, washed clothes and sheets, and put things away. I sorted books, fed Q a few meals, and took him for an hour-long walk. I planned the meals for the week and made our grocery list.

I can have my lazy periods, but when I get going, I have a laser focus and tend to almost do too much. I become kind of obsessed with getting everything done.

Last night my back and hips hurt so much I just curled up on the couch and ate Girl Scout cookies. That makes everything better. Thankfully those devil cookies are almost gone.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. Girl Scout cookies make everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, Girl Scout cookies. Sorry, just the mention of that made me trail off. Congrats on surviving the weekend!

    ReplyDelete