Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My nerves are wracked

I am pretty sure I will soon be going into active labor. But, I don't know for sure, and that is absolutely driving me crazy! My doctor is on vacation, so I saw another doctor today. She said I was 4 to 5 centimeters dilated. That is actually when most people begin full on labor. I am having pretty steady contractions, but they are not painful yet necessarily. She said if I wanted to I could actually go to the hospital and have my water broken to speed things along. That seems unnecessary to me. Might as well let nature take its course.

I sat at home on my exercise ball for awhile timing my contractions and debating whether it was stupid to come in to work. Since there is still the off chance I could be days or weeks away, I decided it is best to come in and not stay home and obsess. But now, I am feeling a lot of pressure and achiness in my pelvis, and the contractions are three minutes apart. At least work is taking my mind off things. We'll see what the little man has planned.

--MM

4 comments:

  1. Good luck lady! Sounds like next time we hear from you you'll be holding a new baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that little guy is taking his sweet little time. Looks like he and his older brother are going to be opposites from the very get go.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you get a bonus if you deliver on air? Kidding - hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, what if your water breaks on the set? Hee hee...

    ReplyDelete