Monday, January 21, 2008

Two steps back

My hips have been feeling great. Ever since I went to the PT last weekend, put on my hip belt, and have been working on my alignment, I have had very little pain. It was down to just the normal little twinge that I would expect. I went to my second appointment today. I told her I felt great, and she checked me over again. Then I got a little over-confident. My hips felt so good I thought, I could try a little running with my belt on. Big mistake. I ran for about ten minutes, just a mile or so, and then walked the rest of the way, but the damage was done. I actually felt good while I was doing it, but a couple of hours later, my hips and pelvis were throbbing. I am walking around gingerly and in pain just sitting at my desk. Not very smart, I know. I think I have finally learned my lesson.

Q discovered a forgotten, half-deflated balloon in the pantry tonight. He enjoyed batting it around, but it would periodically float away. At one point when he needed help retrieving it, he yelled, "Ma ma!" Finally! I have waited a long time for that.

And one more anecdote, this weekend our car horn started going off. It was just beeping over and over. T went out to check on it because it seemed like the panic alarm was going off. He was out there for several minutes, and the honking just continued. T couldn't figure out how to turn it off and was thinking it could be an expensive fix. He came back in from the garage, and that's when we noticed Q walking around carrying my keys, pushing the "lock" button over and over. :)

--MM

2 comments:

  1. Pretty soon, you'll be coaching him back to "da da" when it's mamamamamaamama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... that's great that Q has discovered your name! I hope he doesn't find the pretty red panic button on your keys. That's always fun.

    ReplyDelete