Monday, January 14, 2008

Aches and pains

I swear my last pregnancy, I wasn't this achy. Maybe I just remember it better, but this time I feel old and in pain a lot more. I still have three months to go. My hips and pelvis are really just excruciating. It hurts to sit all day, but that's mostly what I do. This weekend I spent a lot of time laying on my side and that seemed to help.

I have pretty much given up on the idea of running. It pains me to stop. I feel off if I am not working out aggressively. Yesterday, T and I went for a long walk, and I couldn't even keep up. He's usually the slow one! Toward the end my hips hurt, and my belly was cramping. Today, I walked on the treadmill and actually ran for two songs, or a total of about seven minutes. I now run at about 5.8 mph. It is sad! I have a hard time coming to terms with it for some reason.

A friend of mine has a pregnant sister-in-law. She is due a month after me and is on bed rest. She can't move around for more than ten minutes at a time and can't even go upstairs. I guess things could be much worse, but I am looking forward to being able to run fast without toting a round belly around.

I see a physical therapist this week. I worry he will tell me to stop exercising completely. That won't be fun, but as I said, I need to realize it could be worse.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. Check into the prenatal aquatics program at Providence! I did that... it was wonderful. Not highly aerobic, but the movements are supported by the water and it just feels so great to be weightless (at a time when you never do...).

    ReplyDelete