Thursday, January 24, 2008

More squeezing

I have taken the medicine twice and still no let up in the contractions. But, then I was reading some studies that said all of these tests I am undergoing aren't really accurate predictors of preterm labor anyway. So, I guess my body will do what it wants, and I will just have to wait and see what happens. The medicine is mainly for high blood pressure but is also prescribed for stage fright. Interesting, huh? Perhaps I will feel confident enough now to take up a career on stage and screen.

I took a nice hour and a half nap this morning. It hit the spot. I had a cranberry-orange scone with my morning makeover. Quite nice.

As I was getting ready this afternoon, and Q was helping me by digging in the trash and unloading his toy box, I told him, "Q, go get your coat!" He promptly walked out of the room and returned with his little blue jacket with a corduroy collar. He then struggled to put it on. I couldn't believe he understood what I was saying! I think that child understands a lot more than he lets on.

Yesterday, we had an interview with a couple at a senior center. They have been married for 72 years. They got married at the ages of 17 and 18. Now they go dancing four times a week. They constantly hold hands and were like two newlyweds. It was pretty amazing.

Q was a hit at the senior center. It was fun to see him bring a smile to people's faces. He enjoyed dancing to the music and clapping his hands and smiling at the various people who came up to meet him. I felt like a pretty proud mama.

T's parents come for a long weekend tomorrow. They are going to be surprised to see what a big boy there little grandson has become.

--MM

4 comments:

  1. Someone once told me (to assuage my fears, I'm guessing) that raising a kid was like having a dog who slowly learned to talk. I dunno - but it would be cool if I said, "Gwen get your coat" and the dog did. Sigh. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing cuter than old people in love. :) Except, of course, old people fawning over cute kids.

    Have you tried the CD's yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to mention little Q gets to show off his fancy walking skills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie,
    Not yet. I am trying to finish reading my Hypnobirthing book, so I can start the Hypnobabies at 10 weeks out. I have them all downloaded on my ipod though, so I am ready to go!
    --MM

    ReplyDelete