Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Better and worse

Q is doing better today. His fever is gone. Now he is full of snot. He constantly has these two lines of snot coming out of his nose. When I catch him and put him in a headlock to actually wipe it away, he acts like he is suffering Chinese water torture. He woke up this morning with dried snot all over this face. I wet a wash cloth to scrub it all off, and he fussed for about ten minutes after that. I am a cruel mother aren't I?

So, he is doing better, but I am not. I felt even more down in the dumps today. I just can't shake it. I want to just lay on the couch all day. I think I would if I could. That is if I didn't have work to go to, a snotty baby walking around, and a destructive tiny dachshund. I just am not feeling excited about anything. I feel like I should be, and that makes me feel even worse. Why am I not walking on air when I am in my third trimester of pregnancy with a good job, a great marriage, and a beautiful son? I wish I could just flip a happiness switch. Work has been frustrating lately and that is contributing to things. I just can't get enthused about waking up each day.

Poor T had a very long day today. He left around 5:30 this morning to make a three and a half hour drive. He didn't get home till 8:30 tonight. We had to have our daycare provider drop Q off at work, and a co-worker watched him for a few minutes until I was finished. I came upstairs to find him toddling around the news room and tossing a rubber band ball. I took him home, and we waited for T together. This will be even more fun when there are two of them.

On a side note, I am pretty sure Q calls me "da da." I hate that. I want my "ma ma!"

I go to see the physical therapist tomorrow for many achy hips. Hopefully I will get some relief.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with PT today....hopefully they will find you some relief. Hope the mood turns around too...sometimes there are just days/weeks that are crummy and then without even noticing, they turn around and you realize you're not down in the dumps anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Q is feeling better. Snotty babies are generally preferable to feverish babies!

    Oh, and blame hormones for the blah mood!

    PS: I'll drop that stuff off for you today... or tomorrow if I get too busy today. :)

    ReplyDelete