Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow baby

It snowed a lot this weekend, for where I live anyway. We are used to a little dusting now and then, but this storm dumped inches on the ground, cancelled school, and had drivers going 15 miles per hour.

We introduced Q to his first good snow fall. He doesn't even have mittens or a proper snow suit, so I pulled socks over his hands. He wasn't quite sure want to make of the wet, cold stuff but did like throwing snowballs at his dad. He likes any sort of ball, regardless of what it is made of.

T's parents were in town this weekend. It was a delight to see them with Q. They dote on him, and their adoration gives me new appreciation for all his little quirks. It sure was nice to get our house back to ourselves this morning though and to get settled back into our normal routine.

My pelvis kills again today. I haven't been faithfully wearing my hip belt thing because it is itchy and rumpled under my clothes. I am ready to be done with this pain.

On a good note, I got to go to my first Mom's Night Out with my moms' group. It usually meets on Fridays and work prevents me from going. I felt slightly guilty about going since my in-laws were in town, but I am pretty sure I am not the reason they are here. We met at a Mexican restaurant, and it was nice to chat and compare notes. I enjoyed chips and salsa and nachos and stared longingly at the margarita next to me. Sigh. The sacrifices I go through! Sore hips and no margaritas!

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment