Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Reformed fake-baker

I got my first spray-tan today. It was an interesting experience. I used to go tanning, quite excessively really in high school and college. I have since stopped that habit. When T had a melanoma removed from his back, I decided I needed to end my sun-worshipping ways.

Still, I would like to be tan. It just makes you look better and thinner, both of which I need right now! So, I decided to give the spray tan a whirl. I didn't realize all that went into it from wrapping your feet in plastic wrap to the crazy poses you have to hold. I am happy with the results though and think I will go again.

-----------

Monday: 9 miles woo-hoo! 1:26: 30 (T met me halfway with some water. My feet are covered in blisters, but otherwise I feel good)

--MM

4 comments:

  1. damn, already up to 9? Your postpartnum butt is putting me to shame. I haven't tried the spray tan, but I do the lotion sometimes and that stuff's gotten much better since the QT days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you already doing 11? You should try the spray tan once in awhile. It's nice...though a little pricey.
    --MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its easy to get addicted to spray tanning, because it makes you look so darn good.
    I went all the way, even to the point of buying my own sprat tanning salon!
    Love the stuff.

    If you want to be tan for a long time, moisturize daily with one of those gradually tanning creams. It will repair and extend your tan.
    That way you will be able to keep your tan for 2 weeks or more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boshena,
    I think I am already addicted after one session! I am already planning my next visit! Thanks for the advice on the gradual tanning cream. I will try it.
    --MM

    ReplyDelete