Sunday, June 22, 2008

11 miles

I did my longest run since the birth of R this weekend, and it wasn't very fun. I had to do 11 miles. My parents have a nice bike trail near their house, so I ventured out in mid-afternoon. It was a nice day, but it started feeling hot about 5 miles in when I was out of the shade. About 7 miles in I started seriously regretting not bringing water. That was not a very wise choice. My mouth was a dry as sand, and my tongue was sticking to my lips. I walked a few times but kept chugging along. My feet were blistered, and my hips ached by the time I saw my parents home a mile in the distance. I was now desperate for water. I felt like a parched man crawling through the desert toward an oasis. My parents were outside when I got home, but I just rushed by them straight to the sink. Water tastes like ambrosia when you are dying of thirst.

I may just do the half-marathon in Lake Tahoe. Since I am up to 11, 13.1 would be a piece of cake. I am not sure I am up to the full 26.2 just yet. We'll see. No decisions just yet.



Q was so touchingly cute this weekend. He was following my mom and dad around everywhere doing whatever they were doing. He hauled mulch with my dad and washed tables with my mom. He is such a charming little fellow, and I am proud when I see how much they enjoy him.

----------------

T had to head back home this weekend for his MBA classes, but now he is back here. It is nice to again have someone to share diaper-changing duties with.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment