Sunday, June 29, 2008

Back to work

Tomorrow I return to the working world. I am ready for it. I definitely am sad to leave sweet little baby R, but Q has been such a handful lately, I am looking forward to the break. It was much harder to go back last time. Life with just a newborn was serene and relatively easy. But now with a boisterous toddler and a baby, home is hectic and work will be an oasis. Or so I think. I am sure a few days in, I will wish I were back at home. It will be good. I am ready.

----------------------

We are preparing to finish the last two rooms in our house. The master bath and the spare bathroom are still white, but not for much longer. Today we bought paint and accessories for the rooms. The spare bathroom is becoming the kids' bathroom. We got all sorts of transportation paraphernalia like a shower curtain, bus Kleenex holder, truck soap dispenser and towels. We got bright school bus yellow paint for the walls, and I ordered a print of firetrucks for the wall. Doesn't that sound great? I am excited. We picked a light taupe for our bathroom. Next weekend is a painting weekend. Not my favorite thing to do, but it is a great pay off.

----------------------

I am pretty sure I am nixing the marathon training for this time around. I am leaning toward a half-marathon instead. To be honest, the training has been hanging over me and stressing me out a bit. I was supposed to run 12 miles today, but it was almost 100 degrees outside, and I was just not feeling up to it. Instead I hit the treadmill for five miles. I feel sort of a relief with it not looming in the future. I just have too much on my plate right now, and a half-marathon is a little more my speed.

---------------------

Friday: rest (traveled)
Saturday: 45 minutes walking, weights
Sunday: 5 miles run/some walking on treadmill, push-ups and sit-ups
145 lbs.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. Like I said, I love the Half. I have marathon training looming - beginning July 14. Technically, I've been doing 10s and 13s on the weekend, but just the official-ness of it does weigh on you. At least with the half, you can spend some of your weekends painting instead of running, eating, and sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heat's been making it hard for me to keep moving. Oh, and the SMOKE! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete