Monday, June 2, 2008

Irritations

I want to scratch my eyes out. My allergies are absolutely killing me. I actually never even knew I had allergies until I lived in a valley. Apparently all the pollen gets trapped and tortures you. I am constantly sneezing and wiping my nose. I could rub my eyes nonstop all day if that wasn't socially frowned upon. They are all pink-rimmed and bloodshot. I look like a coke fiend. I really feel for people who have severe allergies. They must want to jump off the nearest tall building this time of year.

Our toilet is leaking, and we have a huge ant problem. This is when you wish you still rented and could just call the landlord. We thought we were the only people with a disgusting ant problem, but apparently most everyone around here has the same issue. We have new traps called Terro that the ants are drawn to. They then coat themselves in the poison and carry it back to their nest wiping out all the little bastards! Bwahahahaha! I hope it works.

In more pleasant news, we had a wonderful weekend. While T was in class Saturday, I took the boys to this kids' museum where we have a membership. A university chemistry club was putting on a kids' chemistry day. Q loved seeing the Alka Seltzer rockets and Mentos-Diet Coke volcanoes. It was neat. We picked up Daddy for cappuccinos and cupcakes afterward. That night I went to a Mom's Night Out with my moms' group and had two vodka tonics. Haven't been able to do that in awhile!

Sunday I did my first long run of eight miles. It was a bit hard at the end but mostly felt great. That night we had friends over for dinner with their two little boys. I made pasta and salad, and we had cheesecake and strawberries for dessert. I feel so free to indulge after a nice long run. That is the very best part of running I think!

This Friday T's parents come in to town to meet R. Next Friday, all four of us are headed to Wisconsin for two weeks! T has business, and I have family. The plane ride strikes fear in my heart, but it will be worth it.

----------------

Friday-rest---ahhhhhh
Saturday-cross-training: six-mile bike ride and quick weights
Sunday-8 miles 1:16:45 (beautiful day for a run and felt pretty good throughout)
147 pounds

--MM

1 comment:

  1. my thoughts:
    wow! great on the mileage! (just watch the lr jumps, you know, just reminding)
    Terro works, but not enough - ants are evil
    speaking of evil - allergies. Never had them, but in the words of my doc "you're getting OLD in Texas" -- apparently that means months of bloodshot eyes and snottiness. unbearable. especially when running (which only make them worse)

    ReplyDelete