Saturday, June 14, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane

It is the day before our first trip as a family of four. I am very scared. T has to go to Wisconsin for a business trip, and the boys and I are tagging along to see my parents and my sister and her family. The thought of being trapped on a plane with two babies and dozens of irritated passengers is a little nerve-wracking. Q will have his own seat this time, because he is over the age of two. I think that will be a little better than the last time when we held his wriggly body as he demanded to get down.

I am packing a bag of small quiet toys to play with on his tray table plus some snacks since the airlines now charge you for even breathing their air. R should be a bit easier. It will be challenging to travel cross-country for two weeks with all the car seats, clothes, diapers, and other paraphernalia two children require. Our flight tomorrow leaves around 5:45 a.m. We are hoping that will mean tired babies ready to sleep on the plane. Today I am washing clothes, packing, and planning. Wish me luck. Hopefully at this time tomorrow, I won't be attempting to throw myself out the emergency exit door.

After this trip, I will be going back to work. My maternity leave uses up all of my vacation and sick time, so I am glad to be taking this quasi-vacation now. I am excited to go back to work in some ways but will also miss the flexibility and free time I have now. It will be fulfilling to get back to real life though and settle into a schedule. These three months have sped by in a blur of spit-up, crying, and sleep-deprivation. My newborn is now a chubby baby. Crazy.

------------------

A couple other random thoughts:

I went spray-tanning again today. I am feeling a full-on addiction developing. It is so quick and easy and not bad for you! What is the downside? The price I guess, but if you buy in bulk it is cheaper. I did get a horrible sunburn on my back yesterday while with the boys at a spray park. I think having the fake tan tricks you into thinking you won't burn. Just my back burned though. Odd.

Just in time to see our family, Q is injured. He was with his dad at the pet supply store and lunged out of the cart for something. I'm glad I wasn't there, because I would have been a mess. That scratch is a little too close to his eye, and it looks even worse in person.

And now a couple pictures of little R. Getting chubby fast and full of smiles.











----------------------

Friday: 5 miles 48:30 outside

--MM

1 comment:

  1. Aw, poor Q! R is getting big already!

    Oh, and I have a friend who has a business doing airbrush tans. They're like the booth, except more customized. And, yeah... it's very addictive.

    ReplyDelete