Monday, April 21, 2008

Too many babies

A word of advice: if you have a toddler and a baby on the way, do not get a puppy. Ours is driving me batty. I have been using a nipple shield to nurse R because he was causing a lot of pain and bleeding. The shield is this silicone cover to reduce the pain a bit. Ruby found it on the coffee table and shredded it. Great. Such a bad dog. We bought a new shield last night, and I am now storing it in a little Tupperware container. She has also shredded a baby hat. As long as she doesn't gnaw on the actual baby I guess.

I spent a few hours Saturday with a mom from my mom's group who also has two little boys. They are spaced exactly the same amount of time apart as Q and R, just three weeks older. It was nice to compare notes with her about long nights and tantrums. I was about 45 minutes late to her house. I have no sense yet of how long it takes me to get the three of us ready. I think I need to start about 2 hours before I have to get anywhere. Between feeding everyone and getting us all dressed, it is quite a long process. It is so much better when T is here, so we can each wrangle one child, but when it is all me, it is a major operation. T is getting his MBA on Saturdays right now, so I am on my own.

-----------

I have lost almost 20 pounds so far from my pregnancy weight gain of 35. I feel pretty good about that. I would like to lose another 25 or so, but we'll see how it goes. I have managed to squeeze into two pairs of pre-pregnancy pants. I think that is the worst part. It is so hard to dress yourself for the first month postpartum. The last thing you want to wear is maternity clothes, but your old clothes don't fit either. I recently cleaned out my closet and got rid of all the things that were slightly big. That was a mistake. Now I have to try on eight things before something fits well. It is a frustrating exercise that adds to my getting ready time. I actually tried to run a tiny bit on the treadmill this weekend, but it was pretty uncomfortable, so I am back to just walking. I am impatient about it, but it has only been two weeks. I must give my puffy body time to shrink again.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment