Tuesday, April 8, 2008

He's here!

The new baby arrived last night at 7:54 p.m. Little R was 8 lbs. 4 ounces, 20.75 inches. The delivery was quick and without any pain medicine. I did request some at the last moment, but it was too late. Now I am glad I did it that way, just to prove to myself that I could and to fully experience it.

He's nursing like a champ and looks great. I am recovering from a pretty severe tear and am taking Percocet and Ibuprofen.

We hope to go home later today. I will write out the whole birth story while it is still fresh in my mind a little later.

--MM

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations -- on the baby AND your med-free birth! I had a feeling yesterday was the day! Can't wait ot hear the whole story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed lady! I don't think I could do it sans-medicine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek. Tears and pain? Congrats. Okay, we have a Q, an R....get to work on an S(ally)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats my friend!!! You are one tough woman to go thru it with no meds!!!

    ReplyDelete