Friday, February 22, 2008

Sick and tired

I had a rough day today. I have been sick for several days, coughing like crazy and losing my voice. I feel dead on my feet being eight months pregnant and sick. But, I just had to keep trucking along with all my events this week.

Today, I finally decided to call in and try to rest. That might have been a mistake. It is not exactly restful at home. Ruby the dachshund kept jumping on me and climbing over my belly. Q constantly wanted "Up!" and then would climb all over me elbowing my stomach and not giving me a moment's rest. He is still sick himself and clingy. The dog is still not housebroken so I was cleaning up her pee and poop and trying to get Q to eat lunch. I started to get flustered and irritated and decided I just needed a break. I put Ruby in her kennel and stuck Q in his crib with some toys. I felt guilty and tired and sick and completely irritated with constant coughing, but I just needed to lay down. He fussed for awhile but eventually calmed down, and I took a wonderful nap complete with a bizarre dream about one of my co-workers making me a sandwich.

My entire abdomen is tight and achy with all the coughing and the contractions. I am feeling wiped out and sorry for myself and a little down. Why can't this all be easier?

-----------------

In the good news department, Q passed onto the next level of swimming lessons. He is now a perch! T and I are ridiculously proud of him. We were pretty sure he would flunk kipper and be forced to repeat, but the swimming prodigy proved us wrong.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better. At least you didn't put Q in the crate and Ruby in the crib....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete