Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Doctor's visit madness

How do people with five children do it? I just don't understand.

I had an obgyn appointment today and had to take Q along with me. I waited for an hour for my appointment that was supposed to be at 9:40. How do you get that behind that early? T came by to help me for awhile, but then he had to go to work. Why do I even try to get there on time? I might as well just roll in half an hour late.

As I was in the stirrups, Q was bopping around pulling out magazines. When I was scheduling my next appointment, he threw a plastic frog behind the desk and ran off to explore other offices. At my ultrasound, he opened the door while I was in my underwear and carried around a urine sample cup. He took a piece off the toilet to play with and then found a stirrup cover to occupy his time. He screamed as I tried to wrestle it away. Eventually he was so exhausted from all the badness, that he laid on the ground on top of his stuffed seal. "Is he always this good?" asked the ultrasound tech as he lay there peacefully after his rampage. What??!!

The medicine they gave me to soothe my contractions is often prescribed for high blood pressure. My blood pressure is already on the low side, so I didn't like the sound of that. I have been feeling a bit light-headed lately as a result. Today the nurse measured my blood pressure at 88/58. It was probably even elevated slightly because Q was stressing me out. She asked if I was still actually alive. Great, huh? The doctor decided to half my dose, though I swear my contractions aren't easing up at all anyway.

Other than that, everything looked right on track, and I am not showing any signs of premature labor. I don't want the craziness of two babies to get here any sooner than it has to.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. I seriously don't know how you did that. I can't even imagine taking my 2 yr old to a dr appointment. She would be into EVERYTHING.

    Glad everything is looking good! Keep that baby cooking!

    ReplyDelete