Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Animal cracker craving

My cravings during this pregnancy have not been anything out of the ordinary. I always crave things, so I don't notice a dramatic change. No pickles and ice cream or bark and pebbles. The last time around, I was slightly addicted to pretzel bites at this place in the mall. They are so salty and buttery and puffy and chewy. Yum. I could go for some right now.

This time though, my focus lately has been animal crackers. They're not too sweet, but sweet enough, not entirely bad for you, but not too healthy either. The vending machine in our break room was feeding my need for awhile, but then the vending machine guy stopped stocking them. Ack! Cruel world. So now, T has been my supplier, regularly picking some up at the grocery store. I have a bag stashed in my desk, and it hits the spot in the late afternoon.

Today, however, I made the mistake of offering Q a handful of animal crackers along with his banana and cereal bar. He apparently shares his mama's tastes and immediately took to the little bits of animal-shaped goodness. He shoveled them in his mouth, eschewing all other food offerings. I kept trying to reason with him. "Eat one piece of banana, and I will give you more crackers." But no. He was determined. I am ashamed to admit Q had a lunch entirely made up of animal crackers today. Not that I blame him.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. That sounds delicious. My pg cravings were corn dogs and iced tea... two things I hadn't had more than a few times before. I couldn't figure out how my body knew to crave them.

    ReplyDelete