Monday, February 18, 2008

Feeling sunny

I don't think I have Seasonal Affective Disorder or anything like that, but man does the weather affect my mood. It has been sunny and springlike the last several days after weeks of gray, wet weather. It just lifts my spirits. I took walks outside with Q the past two days and enjoyed the warm sun on my face. I sort of overestimate the warmth and shiver in my shorts when it is just in the 50's, but it is such a welcome change. It makes me crave summer. Unfortunately, the rest of the week's forecast calls for clouds and rain. I will crawl back into my hole of glum, self pity.

My parents are in town this weekend. They bring with them the normal amount of frustrations and annoyances as parents do, but all things considered they are pretty fun people to have around. They are less fun when I am pregnant though. We went to a wine shop, and they sampled several glasses of different reds and whites. I sipped self-consciously on one glass of Sangiovese. Tonight we all went out for Mexican. As everyone else enjoyed the margaritas the size of their heads, I nursed a glass of water with lemon. Boo.

Q wreaked havoc during our dinner tonight. He managed to douse himself with water and spread beans all over his arms. He alternated his baby giggle with crying and screaming and wrestled away from us under the table several times. We mentioned to my parents that is becoming increasinly common for grandparents to raise their grandchildren and asked what they thought about that?

My parents are helping us get the nursery ready. My mom is painting it cream and light green with an orangish stripe and dots of yellow. We have jungle bedding and cherry furniture. It should look great.





















I had an ultrasound again today. They are not even really novel anymore since I make my way in there every two weeks to get scanned. My mom came to this one though, as my dad chased Q around the parking lot. She had never seen one done, because they were only for emergencies when we were born. The new baby looks chubby already with full lips and a pug nose. And, most importantly, he is staying in there so far! Seven and a half weeks to go if all goes as planned.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. that's why I live where it's warm. Okay, hot. But I generally only get those depressive bouts for a day or two when it's below 50.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great ultrasound pic!

    I'm the same way with sunny days in winter. I don't realize I'm getting a little down until the sun comes out and I feel a ton better.

    ReplyDelete