Friday, February 1, 2008

Painful changes

Next week we switch to our new daycare provider. I was surprised how sad it made me to say goodbye today. I am not even overly attached to our current one, but I just know she must feel a bond with Q. He is a happy, sweet little guy, and she has had him almost every day since he was a newborn.

T picked up Q tonight for the last time, and he said she hugged and kissed Q and said it was so hard to say goodbye. Such a bummer. I know some parents can just change providers at the drop of a hat without even thinking about it, but it sure has been hard for me. I just hope we are making the right decision. The good thing is, we are leaving on entirely pleasant terms and could always go back. She also said she would be available for drop-in care which is a nice option to have. Sigh. I hate change.

This weekend, T and I are taking a rare business trip to the state capital to cover a legislative session. A family friend will come to the house to spend the night with Q. We are leaving Sunday right at the start of the Super Bowl, so I will be lucky enough to listen to it on the radio for the entire four hours. Can't wait.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment