Thursday, July 3, 2008

Strangers passing in the night

Whew. This is hard! It's our first few days with T at his new job, and I back to work at my old job with two kiddoes at home. T and I used to see each other constantly - maybe too much - since we worked together. Now we barely see each other at all. If all goes well, he is gone for work before I get up, and I get home from work after he has gone to bed. Sometimes we hand off a baby in the middle of the night, and I try to come home so we can have dinner together most nights. It's rough though.

Before, I think we probably took each other for granted because the other person was always there. We could instant message each other at work and take little walks around the building. Now our meetings are brief and fleeting. Hopefully, absence will make the heart grow fonder. Or perhaps, I will have a torrid affair with a co-worker. But probably not, since my co-workers are either very young and odd or grandparents.

Work is a bit different since I left. People have moved on and some positions have been shuffled, so I am back to doing extra work. I am a bit irritated since I am attempting to pump breast milk, rush home to feed R, and juggle the equivalent of two jobs. Right now I am handling things fairly well, but I don't intend to let myself be stepped on. I tend to stew and not speak up, but I think that brings on just this type of situation, so this time I will be a squeaky wheel if need be.

Other things are going well. Our childcare provider is wonderful and all the timing is falling into place. I am still so tired I could fall asleep at any moment, but other than that, we're figuring out this crazy dance.

-----------

Monday: 3.5 miles, weights
Tuesday: 3 miles, push-ups and sit-ups
Wednesday: rest

143 lbs.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. hang in there. and I don't recommend the torrid affair. It would just make you more tired ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a big change for you guys. It'll be an adjustment, but you'll handle it!

    Oh, and... Ewwwww on your coworkers. :)

    ReplyDelete