Thursday, July 17, 2008

Heart attack and back

It has been a roller coaster of a day. T had a class so I was responsible for the preparation of the kiddoes in the morning and at bed time. I also had an appointment at 2:30, so I went in to work an hour early to get things started, then left for my appointment, and afterward returned to work. The day was hectic as usual, involving some poop episodes and Ruby the dachshund nearly getting run over by a scooter. I was actually supposed to meet someone for coffee this morning, but I called and said that was just not happening. The real heart attack was in the middle of the day at work.

I am two-thirds of the way done with a project I am working on. Or at least I thought I was. It has been a rush as it is. I have been working different shifts and slightly longer hours to get it done by Monday when it airs. Today two co-workers were trying to access the project and couldn't find it. I felt like I was going to throw up. I went to look for it too and realized I hadn't put it in permanent files. If it is not there, the system is designed to erase files after seven days. It had been seven days.

I felt such a sense of dread thinking of all of those hours of work. I emailed T to mope. Then, I pulled my self up, summoned my strength and got ready for a long night and a long rest of the week. Then I found it. I'm not sure how or why. It should be long gone. But it's not. And I am sooooo glad.

--------------

Friday--rest
Saturday--4 miles on treadmill
Sunday--4 miles outside
Monday--30 minutes walk/run on treadmill
Tuesday--rest
Wednesday--4 miles on treadmill

--MM

1 comment: