Saturday, July 12, 2008

Kid overload

I am having a bit of a rough day. T is of course at school all day, and I am home alone with the babies. After a long week of working about 50 hours, all I would like to do is just rest. And I can't. There are many things I love about being a parent, but one I don't is that you just can't ever check out. At this age, you can't say, "I am tired. Leave me alone," as much as you would like to. When the baby is crying you have to get up and go to him even if all you want to do is lay down. Q is at such a trying age as it is, and on these kinds of days it is tough to take. I am just waiting till T gets home and feeling guilty and like a bad mom. I have looked at the clock about 7,000 times. Please tell me I am not alone in having these days.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. If you can't say "I'm tired, leave me alone", it is considered bad to rely on the dog to baby-sit. I need to know these things in case I ever have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not alone!!!

    ReplyDelete