Friday, July 11, 2008

Madness

A few of the highlights of my last few days:

*Has been over 100 degrees. Air conditioning in one car is shot. Clutch went out this week.
*T rode bike to work. Gear in bike is jammed. Had to walk bike up long hill to work. Was hating life.
*Had to pick up T from work, leave kids with him, he took them home to daycare provider while I went to appointment. He picked me up from appointment, took me to work. Overslept at night when he was supposed to pick me up. I waited outside on the sidewalk in the dark.
*After picking up fixed car, turned wrong way on a one way street. T honked and screamed at me from other car. I thought, "What is with all that honking?"
*R peed on skirt. Changed to white skirt. Went out for Mexican with T. Spilled salsa on white skirt. Scrubbed at it in bathroom with paper towels.
*Before getting into shower, looked downstairs to check on Q. Found gate knocked down, dog racing upstairs, small paint roller shredded by said dog, Q wailing. Cleaned up paint roller debris, captured dog, replaced gate, picked up crying Q, took him upstairs. Got into shower. (Was naked entire time--sorry neighbors)
*Giant ant infestation in kitchen.
*Q has taken to "feeding" baby doll like mama does. Is half disturbing, half sweet. Also puts baby doll in swing and aggressively pushes and is mad when R must use swing.
*Forgot flip-flops for pedicure appointment. Sweet nail tech gave me her shoes to wear home.
*R slept through night four nights in row!!!!!!

At least life is interesting.

------------------

Wednesday: nada (see above)
Thursday: ran 20 minutes, push-ups, sit-ups (better than nothing)
142ish lbs

--MM

3 comments:

  1. We had the oddest ant infestation in our kitchen as well. Freaky! We still don't know where they came from, but I have about 10 ant bait traps all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what, you couldn't squeeze a run in there? I have had it with ants this year - I usually just try to deal with them and not spray too many chemicals, but I'm ready to set the house on fire to be rid of ants (not really). May your weekend be air conditioned and restful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reading that makes me tired!

    I am battling ants, too. I hate them. Hate, hate, hate them.

    ReplyDelete