Monday, July 28, 2008

Many martinis

I hosted a mom's group event this weekend. It was a Mom's Night In. We generally have Mom's Night Out events, but they are in loud bars, and it is hard to talk very much. So, I had a few of the ladies over for drinks and appetizers.

I decided to phone it in slightly by just buying all my snacks. I got a couple kinds of chips, two dips, veggies, a cheese torta, cheesecake, and truffles. I opened a couple of bottles of wine and found an easy martini recipe.

We had a theme of "show and tell" to break the ice. The ladies arrived at 7:00 p.m. T took the boys to the mall to get them out of the house. We showed and told about our items and also played "two truths and a lie." You offer two true statements about yourself and one false one, and everyone else tries to figure out which is which. We had fun and learned about each other, and the drinks were flowing freely.

I haven't had much too drink in the last year obviously, so I am a bit of a lightweight. After a martini and a couple glasses of wine, I was spent. I was seeing a little double and wobbly on my feet. Everyone left and I crawled in to bed.

This morning, I woke up to a slight headache and a parched mouth, but not too bad. I don't know how I did this day after day in college.

---------------------

French Martini

2 oz. Vodka
1 oz. Chambord (or other raspberry liquor)
1.5 ounce pineapple juice

Stir with ice and strain into glass.

-MM

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great night!

    And the martini sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah chambord and vodka is pretty evil - the next morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had to come and say hi!
    Are you my married alter-ego? ;)

    So cool to meet another "Modern" mommy (I couldn't decided to use momma or mama ;)

    Also....I want to be invited to your next Martini party. GO Portland Mommy Bloggers!

    You are my type of girl....
    wine-enthusiast!
    yogi!
    blogger!

    ReplyDelete