Monday, July 21, 2008

On my list

Two things are making me happy right now. Well more than that of course. My children and all that...But two other things.

1. "The Omnivore's Dilemma." It is a fascinating read about the food we eat, and how it has changed so much. Do you realize how much corn is in just about everything you put in your mouth? It is kind of scary really the strange things we do to something that is supposed to be natural. The author is not a vegetarian, but he sure made me glad I am one. It makes you actually think about what you eat rather than mindlessly chomp away. Which I still do from time to time. I mean, I have been known to eat a whole container of Icebreakers Sours to the point my tongue is burning, but I do generally like to be mindful of what I take in.

2. On to the second one, perhaps in direct contrast to the first. The wonderful Starbucks Doubleshot on Ice. I usually like just coffee or a cappuccino even it is hot outside. I don't like my drinks too syrupy or sweet. This is quite lovely though. Sweet, creamy, tastes like espresso. It hits the spot most every afternoon these days and is not insanely expensive like some of the other drinks on the menu.

Now on to the thing that is weirding me out this week.

1. Q is starting to get smelly. He is changing from the sweet-smelling baby to a full-fledged stinky boy. It started slow with a dirty, puppy dog smell (as my mom would say). But T and I have noticed his feet and shoes are now smelly. Like a grown person smelly! Sigh. I guess we should wash him a little more often.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. heh. Yeah, I usually take the dog down to the self-serve dog bath once a week, you should probably do that with Q! I'm still on the early part of the book - trying to read it when I'm not eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On #2. I keep seeing that on the store shelf and pondered buying it, but I have an aversion to anything sugary in my coffee drinks. Maybe I'll give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete