Sunday, May 10, 2009

To be a mama

I am not the best mother, that's for sure. I have my down days and my lazy days. My kids don't know two languages, and we don't do daily crafts. Sometimes I lose my temper and often I am impatient. Sometimes I need time to myself and occasionally I get tired of reading "The Airplane Book" or singing "Ring Around the Rosie."

Motherhood is harder than I ever imagined from the ache of utter exhaustion to the unending responsibility. But I would never, ever give it up. I can't imagine my life any different. What would I do if I didn't have Q and R in my life? They make me laugh and sigh, smile and shake my head. They are such huge personalities in tiny packages. They can be extremely frustrating but incredibly lovable. They represent the richness and depth of life. They teach me about unconditional love, deep patience, and great sacrifice. They are the best thing I have ever done.

On this Mothers Day, I am honored to be their mama.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment