Thursday, May 7, 2009

Clutter wars

I never wanted to have one of those houses absolutely over taken by toys, but I appear to be at that point. In our town house, we have a third floor room which I have set aside as the toy haven. My treadmill, the printer, and my scrapbooking stuff also reside there, but mostly it is a mecca for play. It is my dream to keep the toys contained to this upper locale and the rest of our home mostly toy-free with just a few enclaves of bright-colored plastic. Constantly, however, toys are carried down and strewn about to get lost under the couch, chewed by the dog, or stepped on by me. We have so many broken and half-missing toys.

So much of my day is spent putting tiny cars in baskets and mini plates on shelves. Q's half-hearted help is not very helpful. I spent two hours this afternoon carrying toys up two flights and organizing and reorganizing. I tip-toed by the boys' room so they wouldn't wake up and undo my efforts as they are wont to do. Tonight I am revelling in the orderly condition of my home. I am determined to maintain it as much as possible, but I know this is a single battle won in the ongoing clutter war.

------------------

Finally good news on the childcare front. I found a stay-at-home mom who will watch them for several hours a week for a reasonable price. Eureka! I also got another job teaching a few more fitness classes. Two are at an ungodly hour, but I will take what I can get.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment