Monday, May 25, 2009

Dressed to impress

Shopping is my friend. I love scouring stores and scoring sales and putting together new outfits. It gets me going and makes me feel good. Shopping for my boys is a close second. I like putting together cute little ensembles and selecting little loafers and sandles. I like dressing Q and R to match and admiring their dapper appearance.

One of my absolute addictions is Gymboree (I also like Baby Gap and Old Navy). I spent some time at Gymboree today as a matter of fact. It is a cornucopia of kid cuteness. They come up with new themes every few months, and you can often find good stuff on the sale rack not long after the styles first appear. My one complaint is they tend to have cuter girls' stuff, but that is almost always the case. They do have lots of wonderful boy attire. Today I snapped up two crab tank tops, two monkey shirts, little khakis and madras shorts for Q, and two little pairs of shorts for R. Lots of cuteness.

I guess part of it is that my children are a reflection of me, so I want them to be well-groomed and polished. But also I am just so proud of them and think they deserve to be well-dressed and cared for. However this pastime could become costly, especially if I have more children!

-------------------------

It has been a busy, productive weekend. We had a nice date night Saturday and saw "Angels and Demons." It was entertaining, though it helped to read the book first to follow it. Afterward, we hit two bars for fatty snacks and drinks. The next morning, we took part in events for the Madison Marathon. I did the quarter marathon (6.55 miles) and got 53:00 which is 8:02/mile pace. I was pretty thrilled with that time. Q ran the kids' race with T. He was one of the youngest competitors in the .6 mile race. T said Q was a little shy and nervous about it and had to stop a few times to check out interesting things, but he managed to cross the finish line to accept his medal....


.......He lost it shortly after. My parents came over to the races. My dad is with Q in the picture above. Right after we had a two-hour drive to my nephew's 7th birthday party. Today we cooked out, shopped, and went for a walk. A very nice weekend, and T also has tomorrow off.

Tomorrow I start my teaching at another gym bright and early. The class starts at 5:30 a.m., but it is a 25 minute drive. That will mean a painfully early wake-up call. But, despite that minor drawback, I am excited to get going on this new project. I will be teaching at two places, a total of five classes a week. It will be a nice set-up and gives me an outlet of my own, a chance to work out, and still a ton of time at home with my kiddoes. I am starting to finally feel satisfied and content in our new home, and I am enthusiastic about expanding my knowledge and expertise in the fitness field. It's all falling into place!

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment