Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pre-dawn boot camp

I have not had to get up at 4:15 a.m. in awhile, but now that will be part of my life. At least two days a week. I taught my first boot camp class this morning. I only had one participant as it was the very first class of any at this new gym, but we still had a good workout. In fact, this woman was the picture of fitness. I was really pulling out tricks to make sure she broke a sweat. She seemed satisfied though, and I was feeling energized for my day. I did crash in mid-afternoon from my sleep-deprived night. I only had about five hours of sleep as it was, and those few hours were filled with dreams of exercise routines and Jon and Kate Plus Eight.

----------------------------

T had off today because he worked Saturday, so we tried to cross a few things off our to-do list. I was fresh from a nap with my hair still unshowered and now askew from the couch cushions. We gathered up papers and documents and headed out. We finalized our accounts at a new bank and then hit the DMV. For some reason I had forgotten you actually need to take a picture for your license. I tried to brush my greasy bangs to the side, but it is still a pretty hideous picture. Oh well. Few people will ever see it. It's not like bouncers even ask for my ID anymore. And I refuse to post it here.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. It's funny that you dreamt of Jon & Kate Plus 8 - I did the same thing. What is it about them that is so intriguing and personal?

    ReplyDelete