Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Take my children. Please.

Grr. We can NOT find childcare!

It is endlessly frustrating and disheartening. Child cares in centers or family homes can only have a certain number of full- and part-time clients, so no one wants to take my kiddoes for the few hours a week I need care. If they are willing to take them on, they want the boys to come for five to seven hours, so they make more money and don't lose a slot. That is completely unnecessary for me and far too expensive. I would end up paying to work. So it makes sense for me to just not teach the classes, but I think I need something like that to do, and I am hoping it leads to more.

The providers who do seem to be interested have disgustingly messy homes and scary habits. We whisk our children to the car as quickly as possible after meeting with them. The perfect providers with perfect daily schedules, educational toys, and Early Childhood Education degrees all charge exorbitant rates.

So what to do? I have been living on Craigslist, clicking the childcare button every few minutes hoping someone posted the perfect ad. Sooooo frustrating. We have had many meetings and interviews but nothing has worked out yet. I always leave discouraged and contemplating what the hell to do with my life.

Two more interviews this week. Keep your fingers crossed.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. That has GOT to be so frustrating. You're right, most daycare providers hate to commit to just a couple hours a day. One of the reasons I haven't gone PT myself-- I don't want to work to just pay childcare.

    Hope one of the next two works out!!

    ReplyDelete