Wednesday, May 20, 2009

American Idol Upset

Watercoolers will be buzzing tomorrow. Granted I was a Danny Gokey fan, but I liked Kris Allen in the end. We even voted by text twice for the first time. T and I just started watching last year. Prior to that I never tuned in but always felt like I wasn't in on the national conversation the next day. It's such a huge part of pop culture now, it's best to partake.

Debate will be interesting tomorrow over whether people voted against Adam Lambert because he is apparently gay and is a flamboyant performer. That is probably partly the case, but people did have to vote for Kris all along the way. It is just a mainstream America show, so you can not win if you go too far out of the norm. I didn't care for Adam's constant screeching and felt he was far too theatrical for my tastes. Not that I will run out and by a Kris Allen CD, (that "No Boundaries" song is hideous), but everyone likes a horse race.

My real favorite "So You Think You Can Dance" begins tomorrow. Now that's good TV.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment