Friday, January 23, 2009

This is the end

It is weird when things come to an end. I am writing this an hour and a half before my final show.

It has been a strange last day. There were times when I loved this job and times when I hated it. The last six months there has been a lot more of the negative, but I am trying to focus on the days that I was energized and passionate about what I was doing.

I have been touched by the emails and phone calls from viewers. You don't realize that you reach a lot of people until you leave. It will be strange to go from that to the complete anonymity of stay-at-home motherhood. They say such kind things, and I wonder how can they feel so close to me and say they like me so much when they don't really know me? Would they think so highly of me if they did really know me? I'm trying to not over think it and just accept the compliments, but it plays on my insecurities.

Mostly, I am just ready to step into the next stage. Long goodbyes make me feel self-conscious and uncomfortable. This feels like an incredibly long goodbye since I have known I was leaving for several months.

This five and a half years has been a challenging, interesting and rewarding time, but I am ready for the next chapter. Next week my life will be drastically different. The prospect scares me and excites me, but I am ready.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. Speaking from a huge TV watcher (lol) I think if people are used to seeing your face in their home on good and bad days, it becomes such a "given" and overall feeling of warmth and comfort. So, they don't know you (really) but you've been there, a friendly face... no matter what kind of day they have had. And I think deep-down it's such a human response, and thank goodness for that... because there's so much negative in the world these days...

    It's such an exciting yet fearful step for you to take for your next path in life. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will always be thankful for that place because that's how we became friends.

    ReplyDelete