Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ready for flight

In just over a week, I will get on a plane alone with two small children. I am scared. Q is over two, so he requires his own seat. I will hold R in my lap. I am nervous about the entire situation. Q on the other hand is thrilled.

He knows he is going on a plane and constantly asks when it will happen. He knows he is going to "Sconsin" and will see "Gamma and Papa." I am excited to get there, but not thrilled about the trip. I won't be shy about asking for help. I am more than willing to hand R over to a flight attendant while I get Q settled. In fact, I might even negotiate an upgrade to first class and leave the boys in coach. I'm not kidding.

-------------------------

The plane that crashed into the Hudson River last week is of great interest to Q. I find it fascinating and the pilot's actions amazing, but it is not something I ever want to experience. Q however tells us he wants his plane to land on the water. Let's hope he doesn't get his wish.

--MM

4 comments:

  1. a water landing, hey? eek. double eek for traveling w/ kiddos. did T draw the short straw and get the critters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, I hope he doesn't get his water landing! That was far too eerie to watch. I stood and watched the plane floating by my office and cannot imagine my family being on that! Good luck with the journey...hopefully it is as smooth as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are raising a future pilot. I am sure the airline wouldn't mind if you locked Q up in the cockpit for the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Q is too funny (and smart!) Hopefully the water landing never happens ... good luck on the flight!

    ReplyDelete