Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lame duck

Not the president. Me. I feel weird. This is such a strange limbo. I am still in my current job and house and life, but it is almost over. It is an odd feeling, and I don't like it.

I announced on air this week that I would be leaving. It was a little strange and awkward, especially doing it repeatedly. I got several kind emails from viewers, but that made me feel weird too. They asked me to keep in touch and keep writing my blog for the website, but that's just not how it works. Things keep chugging along without you, and the last thing my station wants to do is hang onto to images or blogs of mine. They want to start promoting the next person. I understand that and am fine with it, and too much attention to my departure makes me self-conscious and unsure of myself.

I just want to be in our next step already. The problem is, we will be slowed by our pit stop at my parents' house. I worry I will be miserable and lonely stuck in a house that's not mine without a job and with two small children stressing me out. I am not a glass half-full kind of girl. I steel myself to be unhappy. Not exactly healthy, huh?

I have about two weeks left here before we get on a plane and fly out of Oregon and half way across the country. I should try to enjoy these remaining days, but I can't help but feel frustrated, impatient, and useless.

I know how President Bush feels. Sorta.

--MM

3 comments:

  1. I understand that it's a strange feeling, but also should be one filled with excitement! And at least you know you could run our country better than W., so you have no reason to feel like that lame of a duck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. every time bush feels that way, someone distracts him with shiny objects ;-) Hang in there...I felt like that going overseas, and coming back. Before you know it, it will be next year and you'll be looking back on it all (yikes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The difference between you and President Bush is people want you to stay.

    ReplyDelete