Friday, January 9, 2009

Countdown begins

Just two more weeks, thirty more shows. Craziness.

I am taking next Friday off for working New Year's Day. I felt strange taking a day off when I have so few left, but I earned it for working on a holiday! Anyway, I decided to go all out for my day of freedom. I am going to get a hot stone massage and a manicure and pedicure and then am going out for dinner and drinks with some girlfriends. Heaven.

We are starting to figure out details of our move. Slowly. People keep asking if we are all packed and ready. That could not be further from the truth. That's just not how we roll. We are mercifully having the movers pack though.

I will be flying out with the boys in three weeks, and T will follow in the car with all the beasts. I'm not sure who has it worse. The moving truck will arrive afterward, and we will put our stuff in storage while we temporarily stay with my parents. Our house is still on the market with no signs of selling, and our asking price is already less than what we bought it for. It's frightening. I know some people owe twice as much as their house is worth, so we could be worse off, but I just feel stuck. I want to turn the page and start the next chapter of our lives, but we have this anchor in Oregon. We likely will end up renting the house because we are not able to just write a check to the bank for the difference. We were so excited to buy our first house five years ago, but now I kind of wish we had just rented this whole time!

Things will work out, and I am trying to be flexible and patient, but that is just not in my nature. I want things to be decided and settled, and I want it NOW. But that is just not how it is, and I have to live with it.

Mostly, I am excited. I will be able to see my family and have them over for dinner. I will be able to stay with my boys and go to the grocery store in anonymity. It will be a nice life.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. Wow, a lot going on! Good luck over the next couple of weeks!

    I have a cousin who recently relocated to WI last year (she's a New Jersey native, moved with her husband and family for a job relo) They are in Appleton, which I'm not sure is even near Madison, but she loves it there and is getting used to the constant snow. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh on the house and on the moving details, but yay, almost there!

    ReplyDelete