Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I like not working...so far

Today was my first day not going to work, and I must say, it was nice. I did have my childcare provider take the boys for five hours, so it wasn't exactly an accurate representation of stay-at-home motherhood, but nonetheless, it was enjoyable.It was a nice feeling on Sunday night to know I didn't have to go to work the next day.

Today I had lunch with a friend, did some half-hearted packing, and ran some errands. It was nice planning dinner and lingering over it with my husband instead of rushing so I could get back to work.

I spent an hour on the treadmill tonight, and T got to run outside. I plan to go to bed (relatively) early tonight. I am sure I will have many doubts and struggles in the next several months, but so far, I like it.

---------------------

T and I went out to dinner Saturday night to use a gift certificate to a ritzy restaurant. We lived it up! The gift certificate only covered half of the $100 total, but it was worth it. The highlight was an appetizer we got of Rogue Creamery bleu cheese creme brulee with pear caviar and pumpernickel toasts. It was amazing.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. Must give me the name of that restaurant. That dessert sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete