Friday, November 2, 2007

The quest for perfect nachos

I have tasted the perfect nacho and now I can never be satisfied again. It happened on our anniversary weekend at Skamania Lodge in Washington. The nachos were crisp and cheesy, piled high with black beans, corn, spices, guacamole and salsa. They were the perfect blend of crunch and spice.

Now that I have tasted the Mexican nectar, I am on a desperate search. Those nachos are hours away, but I have not been able to find a comparable plate in my vicinity. I have searched high and low, stuffed my self with mediocre chips for the cause. Some had icky cheese, others soggy refried beans, or overripe tomatoes.

Tonight, I came close. The nachos had whole pinto beans and a good does of salsa. They had just the right amount of jalapenos and a generous sprinkling of cheese. Something was missing though. So, for now I continue on my nacho quest.

--MM

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya. Nachos are my recovery food after long runs - when I can totally justify fried chips and cheese. Haven't found the perfect ones yet. I'll keep searching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when I find a food that is so good I can't stop thinking about it. When Chipotle first came out I was obsessed. I am better now, thankfully, but I know just how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nachos. You're right... it's hard to find really good ones.

    ReplyDelete